Lip Balm using Honey and Beeswax

Beeswax has a lot of great uses, lip balm is one of them. The mix of beeswax with honey produces a product that will leave your lips feeling super soft and smooth. I love beeswax. I love the smell, I love the feel. I hate adding in extras that leave a scent that could over-power the beeswax. Coconut oil is what I'll use until I can find something more scent-free. Honey mixes with the natural beeswax scent very well.

Step 1: Product Structure

This recipe is made using ratios. So if you use 1 tbs of beeswax, you want to use 4 tbs of coconut oil. If for some reason your lip balm is too hard when it cools, melt it again and add a little more oil. If it's too soft, melt again and add more beeswax.
1 part beeswax
1/2 part honey (honey can be tricky)
4 parts coconut oil
Small container & lid (you can get these super cheap on amazon).
(Amounts can be easily increased to make larger amounts for gifting etc.)

Step 2: Melt

Add the beeswax and coconut oil to a double boiler and melt together. I wasn't paying attention and threw the honey in at the same time. Usually I would add the honey after the wax and oil are melted and whip the mixture together. You can also put your bowl over a small ice bath to help the mixture thicken quicker (which is something I do).

Step 3: Pour

The first picture shows the mixture starting to solidify. I poured the liquid into a container and then scooped out the wax mixture that was already solidifying and put it in a separate container. Both mixtures are usable.
The last picture is 10-15 minutes after I poured the mixture into the cups. It starts to solidify quickly.

Step 4: Storing

I'm using thick condiment containers, but you can can recycle old make-up pots, buy new lip balm pots or stick on amazon for really cheap (which is what I would do if I were planning to make these as part of a gift).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Gift to Beautiful Heart

Making of Rubber Stamps in an easy way

Step 2 in Paper lamps